An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.



News | Oct. 21, 2022

Army re-establishes accelerated naturalization for Lawful Permanent Residents

By Bailey Senerchia USAREC Public Affairs

The U.S. Army has re-established the opportunity for Lawful Permanent Residents to apply for accelerated naturalization upon arrival at the Army Reception Battalion for Basic Combat Training.

Applicants that are non-U.S. Citizens can apply for accelerated naturalization during their initial interview with a recruiting noncommissioned officer. Those who wish to take advantage of accelerated naturalization are required to complete the N400 and N426 forms and carry the documents with them to Basic Combat Training.

Future Soldiers will need original copies of the documentation below to apply for naturalization when meeting with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

  • I551 Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
  • If there are law violations over a traffic offense, they must also hand carry the original 1037 and or 369s.

Accelerated naturalization is not mandatory for a Lawful Permanent Resident to serve with the U.S. Army. Applicants will be referred to for information regarding U.S. citizenship.






All Entries