Program Overview 
Army Reserve Applicants
US Army Warrant Officers are self-aware and adaptive technical experts, combat leaders, trainers, and advisors who specialize, throughout an entire career, in a specific technical area. The US Army Warrant Officer cohort comprises less than three percent of the total US Army strength. Although small in size, the level of responsibility is immense and only the very best are selected to become US Army Warrant Officers.
General Information
If you are a member of the Army Reserve and wish to apply for Warrant Officer in the Army Reserve, you must contact Army Reserve Career Group to ensure you meet all qualifications, obtain packet checklists and submission due dates.
Applicants should first review the administrative qualifications, which you can find under “Do I Qualify -Qualifications.”
Next, applicants should review the specific Warrant Officer MOS qualifications, under “Do I Qualify - Army WO Feeder MOS List.” This is where you will find the duty description of each MOS and the pre-requisites.
Those who meet the administrative qualifications and the MOS pre-requisites can apply for Warrant Officer by contacting Army Reserve Careers Group (ARCG). ARCG has Officer Accession NCOs (OANCO) who specifically work with Warrant Officer Candidates and assist with the packet process.
Contact Information
Interested applicants should email ARCG will assign a local Officer Accession NCO to work with applicants.
Email should include:
  • Applicants Rank, Name, Email, Phone
  • WO MOS applying for
  • State of unit of assignment
Board Schedule
The Army Reserve will mirror the Active Component board schedule; however all applications, regardless of MOS will be reviewed at all six boards.
Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Information
AGR applicants can apply for Army Reserve TPU WO. Applicants can apply while on AGR status, but must REFRAD to a TPU position to attend Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS). After Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), Soldiers can re-apply for the AGR program. Selection to the AGR program as a Warrant Officer is not a guarantee.
AGR applicants who wish to apply for Warrant Officer and stay on the AGR program is only an option based on the needs of the Army. Human Resources Command (HRC) will determine if there is a need to hold an enlisted AGR to Warrant Officer AGR board for specific shortage MOS.  HRC will formally request that ARCG hold an AGR to AGR board for a specific MOS and specific amount of vacancies to fill. ARCG will disseminate the information for the AGR to AGR board to TPU commands.
Visit the Packet Download Area for a copy of the AGR Checklist.
Each year the Army Reserve Aviation Command (ARAC) determines vacancies for new Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) and allocates these positions to ARCG to fill. These are the only positions that WOFT candidates can go into. Currently there is no street to seat aviation mission. Soldiers must be in-service to apply.
Commissioned Officers can apply for Army Reserve Aviation Warrant Officer. Commissioned Officers who are not aviation branched qualified can apply through ARCG to the USAREC board.
Commissioned Officers who are already aviation branched qualified, will apply through ARCG for the HRC Re-Appointment board, which is usually held twice yearly.
All Commissioned Officers applying for Warrant Officer need to apply for constructive credit to receive credit for WOCS. Email for information on how to obtain constructive credit.
Sister Service
Sister Service members may apply for Army Reserve Warrant Officer while still serving in another branch. Applications require an Army APFT and a Conditional Release (DD Form 368), along with all other packet requirements. Required forms can be found here.
Sister Service applicants must attend Army Basic Training (BCT), prior to attending Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS), if they have not successfully completed BCT, Marine Corps Basic Training, Air Force or Navy Special Operations Forces, or Air Force Security Police Training. This requirement applies to all ranks for both active and reserve components.
Sister Service applicants will need to simultaneously worked with a USAREC recruiting to enlist into the Army Reserve in a 09W position. Those who are not awarded an Army MOS in their contract will need to attend AIT.
Active Component Soldiers will work with ARCG and transition point Silver Siege Officers who will assist with Army Reserve contracting and starting the application process. Soldiers should contact ARCG. See above for ARCG contact information.
Active Component to Reserve Component (AC2RC)
Soldiers in the Active Component who would like to apply for Warrant Officer in the Reserve Component can apply when they are 180 days from REFRAD. Soldiers can start their applications before the 180 days, but the packet will not go to a board until 180 days or under from REFRAD.
Active Component Soldiers will work with ARCG and transition point Silver Siege Officers who will assist with Army Reserve contracting and starting the application process. Soldiers should contact ARCG. See above for ARCG contact information.