Relocation Information

Arriving Soldiers

While PCS travel always has many surprises, knowing more about the area and the people you'll be working with can really help. This site is designed to help you familiarize yourself with your new community and enable you to contact your commander and 1st Sergeant.

Find out everything you need before you move...

Call the Army OneSource toll free at (800) 464-8107 24x7 for your free relocation report compliments of US Army Recruiting for soldiers assigned to recruiting duty.

  • Cost of living for city and state to which you are relocating and how it compares with the cost of living where you presently reside.
  • Crime statistics
  • Profiles for types of schools
  • Location of churches, synagogues and mosques
  • Historical weather conditions
  • Vehicle registration policies and procedures

Try the Defense Manpower Data Center's SITES

Consumer Complaints

Military Spouse Employment Resource

USAREC Soldier & Family Assistance Web Site

Seattle Recruiting Battalion Welcome Packet

The Seattle Army Recruiting Battalion covers a four-state area of Washington, Alaska, portions of Idaho and Oregon. There are several Military Installations that offer family housing to eligible Soldiers and their families who are assigned to Seattle Army Recruiting Battalion. Depending on your particular assignment location, you could be offered housing on an Army Installation, Air Force Base, or Naval Base.

Before traveling, ensure your lodging arrangements have been made. Depending on your final assignment location, you may or may not be near a Military Installation that offers On-Post Housing. Many of our Recruiters reside in areas that are anywhere from 50 or more miles from a Army Post, Air Force Base, Navy Base or Marine Corps Base. In the event you are assigned to a Recruiting Station that falls within the area of a Military Installation that offers On-Post Housing, you are required to contact the specific Installation Housing Office to find out about the waiting time for Government Quarters. Additionally, the Installation may offer Temporary Lodging Facilities, (TLF) for both In-Bound and Out-Bound Soldiers and their Families.  Contact the Installation directly to inquire as to availability of Temporary Housing. 

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, visit Joint Base Lewis-McChord Housing for on-base housing only. For off-base housing, rentals, relocation, referral assistance and details on the Rental Partnership Program, visit JBLM Housing Division. 

Fairchild AFB, Spokane, On Base Housing: 509-244-9044, Off Base Housing, Relocation and Rentals: 509-247-5185, Temporary Housing: 509-244-2290. Visit Fairchild AFB Homes for information on reservations and additional information. 

Naval Base Bremerton General Customer Service, On Base and Off Base Housing and Relocations: 360-396-5983, Rentals and Administration: 360-396-5990, Reservations 1-800-NAVY-INN or visit Homes.

Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska On Base Housing: 907-375-5515, Relocations and Off Base Housing: 907-552-4439 (Elmendorf); 907-384-3907 (JBER), Administration: 907-384-7887, Reservations (Army Lodgings) 907-384-5660. 

Fort Wainwright, AK Housing Services (On Base): 907-353-1666, Off Base Housing: 907-356-7000, Rentals (Off Base, TLA): 907-353-1659/1661/1696, Reservations (Holiday Inn Express): 907-353-3800 #1. 

If you are traveling with pets, check with the Installation concerning their policy regarding pets, in advance. 

In-Processing Checklist

Report in ACU to the S1 on Mondays between 0830-0930 hrs. Please call or email the Military Personnel Clerk at 206-764-3752 before reporting.

You must bring the following items with you at the time you in process:

  • PCS orders and any amendments to these orders
  • Original DA 31 (leave form)
  • Finance packet to include advance travel receipts (manila folder)
  • DD 1561 Request for Family Separation Allowance
  • MOS orders (provided by the Army Recruiter School)
  • Army Recruiter Course (ARC) graduation certificate
  • Vehicle registration (if you have two vehicles)
  • Information necessary to update DD 93 and SGLI
  • Military 201 file: 2A, 2-1, promotion packet (if applicable)
  • Last NCOER
  • Military ID card
  • Civilian and military drivers license
  • Reenlistment card
  • Quarters termination sheet if you lived in government quarters
  • OIF's if you have reintegration certification please bring with you
  • MEDPROS Update

It is extremely important you have all the above required documents at the time of your in-processing. This is a large battalion. You may have a long drive back to your pinpoint assignment if you forget any of these documents. In-processing must be completed on the day you arrive at the battalion.

Family Services

If you're coming from a previous recruiting assignment, you're already used to the unique U.S. Army lifestyle. However, if you're new to Recruiting, you'll find this U.S. Army assignment unique in many ways, but one we hope you'll enjoy and into which you can transition easily.

Think of this office as your 'mini' Army Community Services. I assist approximately 500 people, to include U.S. Army recruiters, their families and single soldiers. I look forward to meeting you. 

If you need assistance, don't hesitate to contact Kelly Parsons at 206-764-6743, Toll Free at 1-800-790-0963 Ext. 63, or by email.

Battalion Family Liaison Program Contacts:

Fax: 206-764-5535



Resource Links: