Welcome to the Harrisburg Recruiting Battalion, we are located at the Defense Distribution Region East, New Cumberland, PA. The battalion is one of the eight battalions that make- up the 1st Recruiting Brigade located at Fort Meade, Maryland. As a newly assigned Soldier, you will soon become a proud member of the Steel Battalion.
The following information will give you a brief overview of the sponsorship, in-processing, and administrative requirements.
While you are attending the Army Recruiting Course (ARC), you will be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will contact you and send a welcome packet with information about your new area of operation to help facilitate your move to the battalion. It is very important that you contact the battalion S1 if you do not receive the information in a timely manner.
When you first arrive at the battalion, please report to the S1 section to begin in-processing. You must in-process in UNIFORM.
It is vital that you have the following information/items at the time of in-processing:
- PCS orders and any amendments
- Copy of termination of Government Quarters (if applicable)
- MOS orders
- ARC graduation certificate
- Military ID card
- Original DA-31 (leave form)
- Promotion packet
- Copy of last NCOER / OER
- SDAP Orders (AGR)
- Previous awards
- Addresses for your life insurance beneficiaries ( DD Form 93/ SGLV)
- Finance documents to include advance travel receipts ( FSA/TLE/TLA/Advance Pay/DITY: receipts/ vehicle(s) registration and insurance card)
- Any reenlistment paperwork you may have
- Term of oath
- Quarters Termination Orders if you lived in Gov’t Quarters
- OIF's if you have reintegration certification please bring with you
- MEDPROS Update
- DD 1561 Request for Family Separation Allowance
- Go to www.learn.army.mil
- Login with your AKO
- Click on Courses (upper right corner)
- Under Course Catalogs select Safety and Composite Risk Management (CRM) Courses
- Find Composite Risk Management Basic Course, enroll, go through the course and take the exam.
* Please ensure your security clearance is current. See your S2.
- Production records (if applicable)
- RIP/Incentive awards (if applicable)
- DA 348/Driving record check
- Civilian and military drivers license
- Vehicle registration (if you have two vehicles)
- Accident Avoidance Course Certificate (within the last four years)
1. Go to Combat Readiness Center website https://crc.army.mil/home
2. Click on Training (on left)
3. Click on Combat Readiness University (CRU)
4. Click here to log in to CR University
5. Log in to AKO
6. Then click on Accident Avoidance Course
- PT card (if necessary BF worksheet)
- DA Form 1059 from NCOES courses taken
- CAC Pin number
- Blank check (routing number)
- Citigroup Card known as Gov’t travel card
- Complete the following courses on the following website https://ia.gordon.army.mil
- DOD Information Assurance Awareness Training Certificate
- DOD Information Assurance Awareness Exam Certificate
* Bring everything else you received when you cleared your last duty station.
If you have all the above information/items, your in-processing and transition into the Cold Steel Battalion will be smooth.
Once again, welcome to the Harrisburg Recruiting Battalion. Your points of contact while you are in your transition phase will be your new Center Commander, 1SGT or S1.
Battalion Headquarter's address is:
54 M Avenue, Suite 11
New Cumberland, PA 17070