Family Advocacy Program 

To contact your
BDE Family Advocacy Program Coordinator call: 1-800-255-2769

USAREC Family Advocacy Program

The U.S. Army Family Advocacy Program (FAP) helps Soldiers and their Families recognize and prepare for the unique challenges of military lifestyles. We are dedicated to the prevention domestic abuse, child abuse, and neglect of Soldiers and their Families through offering education, prompt reporting, investigation, intervention, and treatment.


Domestic Violence

What is domestic violence? The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence describes domestic violence as “the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior as part of a systematic pattern of power and control perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. It includes physical violence, sexual violence, psychological violence, and emotional abuse.”


Reporting Options

Unrestricted Reporting: Official investigation using current reporting channels, e.g., chain of command, Family Advocacy Program (FAP), or law enforcement

Restricted Reporting: Allows a victim of domestic abuse to disclose the details of his or her abuse to specifically identified individuals and receive medical treatment and victim advocacy services without requiring that notice be provided to the victim's or alleged offender's commander or law enforcement.
Victims of domestic abuse who desire restricted reporting under this policy must report the abuse to one of the following specified individuals:

  • Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate
  • Family Advocacy Program Clinician
  • Your Healthcare Provider

If you need help, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. You should also contact your BDE Family Advocacy Program Coordinator or nearest installation Family Advocacy Program. Search for your nearest installation Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate HERE


Child Abuse  What is child abuse? The Child Welfare Information Gateway describes child abuse as, “Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation; or an act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm.” Child Abuse is categorized as follows: physical, emotional, sexual and neglect.

To report suspect abuse or neglect, call your local Child Protective Services or the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. You should also contact your BDE Family Advocacy Program Coordinator or nearest installation Family Advocacy Program. Search for your nearest installation Family Advocacy Program HERE

If you fear a child is in immediate danger, call 911.


Family Advocacy Program Resources 

FAP Wellness Trainings offered by your BDE FAPC:

· Conflict Resolution

· Creating Boundaries

· Intimate Partner Violence Bystander Training

· Parenting Personalities

· Actively Parenting Teens

THRIVE Parenting course: developed to empower parents of children, 0 to 18 years, through education and skill development around evidence-informed strategies regarding positive parenting, stress management, and health promotion.


MilitaryOneSource: Confidential non-medical counseling provides service members and their loved ones with resources and support to address a variety of issues and build important skills to tackle life’s challenges.