FORT KNOX, Ky. –
The. U.S. Army has added four duty stations in Virginia; two more in Texas, Maryland, and Georgia; as well as Fort Irwin, California; Fort Leavenworth, Kansas; Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, Fort Rucker, Alabama; and Fort Sill, Oklahoma to the growing list of guaranteed assignment locations applicants may select when using the Army’s duty station of choice enlistment incentive, also known as Option 19. This brings the total count to 32 locations.
These occupations range from infantry to Special Forces and careers in the information technology field.
The full list of 32 locations are as follows:
- Vicenza, Italy
- Fort Rucker, Alabama
- Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson and Fort Wainwright, Alaska
- Fort Huachuca, Arizona
- Fort Irwin, California
- Fort Carson, Colorado
- Fort Stewart, Fort Benning and Fort Gordon, Georgia
- Fort Riley and Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- Fort Campbell and Fort Knox, Kentucky
- Fort Polk, Louisiana
- Fort Meade and Fort Detrick, Maryland
- Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Fort Drum, New York
- Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- Fort Sill, Oklahoma
- Fort Bliss, Fort Sam Houston and Fort Hood, Texas
- Fort Belvoir, Fort Eustis, Fort Story and Fort Lee, Virginia
- Joint Base Lewis-McCord, Washington
There are several thousand positions for new recruits seeking guaranteed assignment at these locations.
Many applicants have the opportunity to use this enlistment option and combine it with other available incentives, which could mean up to $50,000 in bonuses or up to $65,000 in student loan repayment.
For more information about career opportunities and benefits in the U.S. Army, visit www.goarmy.com.