Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
919A - Engineer Equipment Maintenance Warrant Officer
Supervises personnel in maintenance of engineer and ground support equipment. Analyzes malfunctions and supervises field level repair and adjustment of engineer equipment which includes power generation, earthmoving, shaping and compacting, lifting and loading, quarrying and rock crushing, asphalt concrete mixing and surfacing, water purification, refrigeration and air conditioning, water gap crossing, POL transfer and engineer electronic application. Supervises maintenance of non-engineer equipment assigned by equipment authorization documents. Inspects incoming equipment to determine repair requirements, assigns work to subordinates, and ensures quality of work performed by inspection of outgoing equipment. Establishes maintenance and repair schedules based on equipment schedules and availability of parts, tools, personnel, and unit mission. Establishes internal administrative procedures to procure, store, and issue publications, tools, parts, and POL. Manages maintenance float items to replace equipment not repairable within prescribed time limits.
***Applicants must meet all Administrative Requirements to become a Warrant Officer.***
- SGT (E-5) or above.
- 48 months of experience in the primary Ordnance MOS documented on NCOERs. See NCOER section below.
- ALC Graduate from feeder MOS documented on ERB with all DA Form 1059s provided in the application.
- Six semester hours of college level English; or a combination of three semester hours of college level English, and Communication; or successfully complete the following Skillport courses:
Business Grammar: Parts of Speech
Business Grammar: Working with Words
Business Grammar: Sentence Construction
Business Grammar: The Mechanics of Writing
Final Exam: Business Grammar Basics
- Physical profile of not less than 111221. Have normal vision correctable to 20/20; normal color discrimination per AR 40-501 (may be waived by USAREC surgeon).
- Must be fully deployable.
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting performance:
- MOS competency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOER
- Supervisory capacity (leadership) in MOS by position or assignments
- Bullets must identify that the NCO was responsible for scheduling, tracking or the reporting of engineer equipment readiness in their organization
- Ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment
- Proficiency and ability to manage processes related to MOS
Senior Rater's bullet comments reflecting:
- Exceptional promotion potential
- Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility
Letters of Recommendation (LORs): LOR must be from a Senior Warrant Officer CW3 in CMF 91 or CW4-CW5 in MOS 915E. The LOR must come from a Senior Warrant Officer within your immediate organization or your chain of command. If a Senior Warrant Officer in not assigned to your immediate chain of command:
- Active Component contact the Personnel Development Officer POCs below to assist with contacting a Senior Warrant Officer holding the feeder MOS to facilitate the required interview.
- Reserve Components contact the assigned Command Chief Warrant Officer (CCWO) in your chain of command. They can write the LOR or assist with contacting a Senior Warrant Officer holding the feeder MOS to facilitate the required interview.
NOTE 1: Experience defined: Specific (operations/logistic support) experience includes any position involving the supervision of maintenance, fault isolation and the repair of engineer and ground support equipment to include the reporting of organizational readiness.
NOTE 2: Reserve Components civilian experience related to their MOS will be taken into consideration. Evaluation reports documenting experience must describe specific MOS related positions, duties, and responsibilities performed and must be commensurate with the rank of the Soldier.
Please contact the proponent POCs below for any questions regarding technical qualifications. Address all other inquiries to a Regional Warrant Officer Recruiter. Please visit the "Forms Download" page for required forms and samples.
POC: CW4 Fulbert P. Macaraeg (Active Component)
Ordnance Branch Interview - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/warrant-officer-recruiting-talk/id1516321891?i=1000479315755
If you are a member of the Army Reserves (regardless of branch) and who wishes to apply for position as a Warrant Officer, for more information on the Army Reserve Warrant Officer Accession program please visit:
POC: CW5 Robert S. Combs (Reserve Components)
If you are a member of the Army National Guard talk to your State, Territory or the District of Columbia Warrant Officer Strength Manager (WOSM) to see if you meet the qualifications and how to complete a Predetermination Packet. To speak to a Warrant Officer Strength manager please visit:
POC: CW3 Kevin O Cutchin (Army National Guard)
Last Updated: 8 October 2021