Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
913A - Armament Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer
Directly responsible for all activities and personnel engaged in field level maintenance which involves the repair of small arms, field artillery and armament weapon systems. Directs procedures for the identification and troubleshooting of malfunctions in electrical, hydraulic, fire control, and instrument items. Establishes evacuation and replacement procedures of such items that are unserviceable and beyond the repair capabilities of forward support companies. Manages quality assurance and production control programs to ensure established work standards are met and repairs are made on a timely basis. Responsible for the accurate reporting and monitoring to include tracking of requisitioned repair parts through the Maintenance Control Section to include the Logistics Information System. Enforces regulations and procedures pertaining to physical security, accountability, and shipment of weapons. Directs repair teams in support of field units and activities. Establishes and directs a shop safety program per applicable regulations. Establishes a technical library and examines, interprets, and disseminates technical material, including orders and bulletins.
1. Must be SGT (E-5) or above.
2. Must have 24 months of experience in the primary OD MOS documented on the NCOERs. Those with less than 48 months of experience must offset the lack of experience with certifications, credentials, technical training, or equivalent civilian experience. See Preferred Qualifications below.
3. ALC Graduate from feeder MOS, OR civilian employment evaluations in a related field, OR transcripts and/or certifications of equivalent training from acceptable institutions or industries. See Preferred Qualifications below.
4. Six semester hours of English, OR combination of three semester hours of English and Communication, OR successfully complete the six Business Grammar Courses in Percipio: Click Here for Percipio Instructions
- Using the Parts of Speech
- Getting the Details Right: Spelling Basics
- Abbreviating, Capitalizing, and Using Numbers
- Using Punctuation Marks
- Creating Well-constructed Sentences
- Troublesome Words and Phrases: Usage Mistakes in Writing
* Percipio Skillsoft courses took affect January 3, 2023. Skillport courses acquired prior to January 3, 2023 will still be accepted until further notice.
5. Physical profile of not less than 111221. Have normal vision correctable to 20/20; normal color discrimination per AR 40-501 (may be waived by USAREC surgeon).
6. Must be fully deployable.
Preferred Qualifications (not limited to):
Special Operations Forces and Non-Standard Armament Course
Joint Armorer Course
Special Forces and Foreign Weapons
Maintenance Manager Course
GCSS-Army (GTRAC) Certifications
GCSS-Army Operator and Managers Courses
Support Operations I and II
United Services Military Apprenticeship Program
Field Level Maintenance New Equipment Training (FLMNET)
Professional Education Center (Technician Courses)
Sustainment Training Center (Technician Courses)
Original Equipment Manufacturer technical courses
Civilian employment experience in related field
Commander’s Safety Course
MOS related credentialing through Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL)
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting exceptional performance:
The duties and responsibilities must be feeder MOS related and clearly stated.
The majority of NCOERs must reflect MOS competency, exceptional duty performance with quantifiable technical bullets that support the duties and responsibilities, areas of emphasis, and appointed duties.
Senior Rater comments must be clear in defining NCO MOS competency, ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment.
Exceptional promotion potential, i.e. promote now/immediately.
Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility.
Senior Warrant Officer’s Letter of Recommendation:
LOR must be from a Senior Warrant Officer CW3 or above in CMF 91. The LOR must come from a Senior Warrant Officer within your immediate organization or your chain of command. If a Senior Warrant Officer in not assigned to your immediate organization or higher command:
MASTER GUNNER Pilot Program
Applicable ONLY to ARMY applicants who meet ALL of the following:
Note: There are NO waivers for the following prerequisites:
1. SSG or above
2. 115 GT score
3. 11B, 12B, 13F, 19D, or 19K AND possess one of the following ASIs: A8, K8, or J3, documented on the ERB with all NCOERs and DA Form 1059s provided in the application.
4. 24 months of experience as an ASI A8, K8, or J3 qualified master gunner. Must be documented in the NCOERs.
Business Grammar: Parts of Speech
Business Grammar: Working with Words
Business Grammar: Sentence Construction
Business Grammar: The Mechanics of Writing
Final Exam: Business Grammar Basics
6. Physical profile of not less than 111221. Have normal vision correctable to 20/20; normal color discrimination per AR 40-501 (may be waived by USAREC surgeon).
7. Must be fully deployable.
CW3 William Washington Jr.
If you are a member of the Army Reserves (regardless of branch) and who wishes to apply for position as a Warrant Officer. For more information on the Army Reserve Warrant Officer Accession program please visit: https://stayarmyreserve.army.mil/wo.htm
If you are a member of the Army National Guard talk to your State, Territory or the District of Columbia Warrant Officer Strength Manager (WOSM) to see if you meet the qualifications and how to complete a Predetermination Packet. For more information on the Army National Guard Warrant Officer Accession program please visit: https://www.nationalguard.com/contact/wosm
Last Updated: 09 January 2023