Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
670A - Health Services Maintenance Technician
Serve as the only single tracked specialty, trained maintenance warrant officer in the AMEDD. Responsible for the maintenance management requirements and execution for both the operational and institutional medical activities. Supervise the technical and tactical performance of biomedical equipment specialist, medical supply specialist, DA civilians and contractors. Lead, coach and train staff in the proper care, use and operator maintenance of medical equipment and medical systems. Provides guidance and technical expertise to commanders and staff on all issues concerning the medical equipment lifecycle.
- Must be an E-5(P) or above. Navy and Air Force must be on the E6 promotion list
- Must hold MOS 68A (Biomedical Equipment Specialist) or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 72 months experience as a 68A.
- Must have 6 college level English credits.
- Must have 6 college level Computer Science or Information Technology Credits.
- Recommended 24 months in supervisory position.
- Letter of Recommendation from a senior Health Service Maintenance Technician.
Please see 670A MILPER Message 19-400 on how to apply.
FY21 670A Application Checklist
Scan completed application packets to:
Please include in the Subject line 'FY21 670A Application: (Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial)'
Please contact the proponent POC below for ALL questions regarding preferred qualifications.
CW5 Wendell Johnson
Medical Service Corps
MSC Consultant/Chief Warrant Officer of the Branch
DSN: (312) 670-6459
COMM: (910) 570-6459