Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
352N - SIGINT Analysis Technician
(Duties) Manages personnel and equipment to collect, process, exploit, locate, identify, analyze and report on SIGINT information to support tactical, operational, and strategic requirements across all domains. Establishes priorities and provides guidance and oversight for collection, exploitation, analysis and reporting missions. Manages training for subordinates and peers on technical, operational, and tactical SIGINT skills required to perform the mission. Coordinates staff actions to fulfill all requirements in support of SIGINT mission activities and the Commander’s intent. Advises the commander and staff with regard to tactical and technical SIGINT operations, activities, and personnel.
- Must be a SGT (E-5) or above. (NO WAIVERS)
- Have successfully completed 35N, 35P, or 35S MOS producing course.
- Applicants must be eligible to gain system and/or facility access controlled by the NSA.
- Must have successfully completed ALC Phase 1 or SSD-2.
- Have a minimum of four years demonstrated 35N experience and at least two assignments.
- Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs that reflect outstanding and exceptional duty performance ratings as a 35N conducting SIGINT analysis, production, and dissemination duties as demonstrated by rater and senior rater comments. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting performance:
◾MOS competency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOER
◾Supervisory capacity (leadership) in MOS by position or assignments
◾Bullets must identify that the NCO was responsible for executing MOS functions
◾Ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment
Senior Rater's bullet comments reflecting potential:
◾Exceptional promotion potential
◾Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
- Had a CI Scope Polygraph within 7 years of submission of WO Packet. Applicants whose CI Scope Polygraph is within 6 months of expiration are required to obtain a new CI Scope Polygraph prior to submission of a Warrant Officer packet.
- Enclose a written Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a senior 352N (CW3-CW5). Senior Warrant Officer Letter must include a line indicating applicant is aware of current NSA/CSS Military Affairs Division (MAD) security guidelines. If no senior 352N is available please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance. (NO WAIVERS)
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to a Warrant Officer Recruiter. Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites qualifications.
CW4 Tara K. Andes
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181
Last Update: 22 April 2020