Fort Bragg, NC –
DA PAM 670-1, Para 3-3 provides guidance on the photos to be included with a Tattoo Waiver Request. Based on photos previously received, the DA G1 has additional guidance:
1. Applicant should be in the IPFU (authorized PT uniform for applicants from other Services) when having their tattoo(s) photographed.
2. Color photos are required using a white or neutral color background.
3. Photos will depict tattoo location and size by showing the entire area below the elbow, below the knee, and/or above the t-shirt neck line using a ruler.
4. In order to show perspective, a full-length photo of the applicant showing their tattoo(s) is also required.
5. There are no specific camera settings required; however, all photos must be clear and visible.