Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
882A - Mobility Officer
Plan, organize, and supervise the preparation and execution of unit movement and distribution operations. Coordinate deployment and distribution actions with multinational, joint, Army, and commercial agencies. Prepare and validate deployment and redeployment plans, orders, and SOPs. Plan and conduct training in unit movement operations. Plan and supervise the use of TC-AIMS II to document Army deployment, redeployment, and distribution operations. Assist commanders in planning and conducting unit movement operations and operational maneuver.
Minimum prerequisites For MOS 88N applicants:
(These minimum prerequisites will not be waived)
- Must be SGT (P) or above.
- Completion of all phases of the Advance Leadership Course (Indicated on ERB and provide copy of DA Form 1059).
- Current Secret Security Clearance (Interim clearance are unacceptable).
- Three or more years of documented experience planning and executing deployment and/or distribution operations.
- Must have physical profile of not less than 22221 (to hold MOS).
- Submit USAREC FORM 3.3 (Letter of Recomendation) Senior Mobility Officer (CW3 or above) in the 882A MOS.
- Soldier will submit all NCOER; other service components will submit all evaluation reports.
- Majority of NCOERs must reflect "Exceeded Standard" by rater. Majority of Senior Rater Box-Checks must be "Most-Qualified" or "Highly Qualified", comments must demonstrate high potential of applicant. Must state the applicant has the capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased capacity
- Must document exceptional MOS and leadership skills.
- MOS compentency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOERs.
- College English - TABE test results can be submitted to satisfy this requirement. When the TABE test results are submitted, test results must indicate a 12th grade level in Spelling, Vocabulary, Language, Language Mechanics, and Reading areas.
Army Wide - Other MOSs:
- Must meet all the Prerequisites for 88N and include:
- Graduate of the 80 hour Unit Movement Officer Deployment Planning Course (UMODPC) approved by the US Army Transportation School.
- Graduate of 80 hour TC-AIMS II (Functional User) course taught by the US Army Transportation School.
- Letter of Recommendation from a Mobility Officer (CW3 or above.) For Reserve Component applicants, a Letter of Recommendation from a Mobility Officer (CW3 or above) is preferred however, a recommendation from a CW4-CW5 warrant officer of any MOS is acceptable.
- 118 GT score
- 2 years documented and successful experience in a, G3-Air Movements, Truckmaster, Distribution or UMO. Preferred experience includes a deployment in this timeframe.**
- *2 years' experience vice 3 years for 88N
- **waiverable in certain conditions for applicants from Reserve Components Services
Desired additional qualifications for all applicants:
- Current HAZMAT certificate.
- Graduate of the Battle Staff course.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Joint Operational Planning and Execution System (JOPES)
Potential applicants should contact the POC listed below for questions regarding the Transportation Prerequisites, address all other inquiries to the Warrant Officer Recruiting Branch at:
More information about 882A
Mobility Officer WOBC curriculum
Please contact the proponent POC below for any questions regarding qualifications. Address all other inquiries to the Warrant Officer Recruiting Branch at email@example.com
James L. Triplett
Warrant Officer Proponent and Career Development Officer of the Chief of Transportation (OCOT)
Comm: (804) 765-7901
DSN: (312) 539-7901