Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
948D - Electronic Missile Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer
The Electronic Missile Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer employs digital switching theory, logic, computer fundamentals and infrared fundamentals applicable to the Army’s missile systems and associated equipment. Responsible for the operation of maintenance support teams and field level maintenance facilities. Monitors unit status reporting requirements for tactical missile units and associated support elements. Supervise maintenance and repair job organic tools, test sets, associated training equipment. Estimates supply requirements, observes work practices, and detects and corrects improper procedures and techniques. Initiates and monitors reporting of discrepancy (ROD), quality discrepancy report (QDR), and engineering changes proposal (ECP) documents Ensures all assigned personnel adhere to maintenance schedules, The Army Maintenance Management Systems (TAMMS), Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA-QC) procedures, and Global Combat Support System- Army (GCSS-A).
Check out this INTERVIEW to learn more about becoming a 948D, Electronic Missile Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer
1. Must be SGT (E-5) or above.
2. Must have 24 months of experience in the primary OD MOS documented on the NCOERs. Those with less than 48 months of experience must offset the lack of experience with certifications, credentials, technical training, or equivalent civilian experience. See Preferred Qualifications below.
3. ALC Graduate from feeder MOS, OR civilian employment evaluations in a related field, OR transcripts and/or certifications of equivalent training from acceptable institutions or industries. See Preferred Qualifications below.
4. Six semester hours of English, OR combination of three semester hours of English and Communication, OR successfully complete the six Business Grammar Courses in Percipio: Click Here for Percipio Instructions
- Using the Parts of Speech
- Getting the Details Right: Spelling Basics
- Abbreviating, Capitalizing, and Using Numbers
- Using Punctuation Marks
- Creating Well-constructed Sentences
- Troublesome Words and Phrases: Usage Mistakes in Writing
* Percipio Skillsoft courses took affect January 3, 2023. Skillport courses acquired prior to January 3, 2023 will still be accepted until further notice.
5. Physical profile of not less than 111221. Have normal vision correctable to 20/20; normal color discrimination per AR 40-501 (may be waived by USAREC surgeon).
6. Must be fully deployable.
Preferred Qualifications (not limited to):
- PDSIs: ML1 LPWS Radar Maintainer, ML2 LPWS Weapon Maintainer
Certifications through International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians (ICET)
CertTEC Credential: Electronics and Electricity
Electronics Technicians Association Credentials: Fiber Optic Installer, Fiber Optic Technician
ETA International Credential: Associate Certified Electronic Technician
MOS related credentialing through Credentialing Opportunities In-Line (COOL)
Technical Courses with Professional Education Center
Technical Courses with Sustainment Training Center
College credits in electronics subjects not earned through credentialing programs
GCSS-Army (GTRAC) Certifications
GCSS-Army Operator and Managers Courses
Support Operations I and II
United Service Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP)
Field-Level Maintenance New Equipment Training (FMLMNET)
Civilian employment in related field
Original Equipment Manufacturer technical courses
Commander’s Safety Course
Maintenance Manager’s Course
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting exceptional performance:
The duties and responsibilities must be feeder MOS related and clearly stated.
The majority of NCOERs must reflect MOS competency, exceptional duty performance with quantifiable technical bullets that support the duties and responsibilities, areas of emphasis, and appointed duties.
Senior Rater comments must be clear in defining NCO MOS competency, ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment.
Exceptional promotion potential, i.e. promote now/immediately.
Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility.
Senior Warrant Officer’s Letter of Recommendation:
LOR must be from a Senior Warrant Officer CW3 or CW4 in CMF 94 or CW5 in MOS 948E. The LOR must come from a Senior Warrant Officer within your immediate organization or your chain of command. If a Senior Warrant Officer in not assigned to your immediate chain of command. If a Senior Warrant Officer in not assigned to your immediate organization or higher command:
- For Active Component, contact the Personnel Development Officer POCs below to assist with contacting a Senior Warrant Officer holding the feeder MOS to facilitate the required interview.
For Reserve Component, contact the assigned Command Chief Warrant Officer (CCWO) in your chain of command to assist with contacting a Senior Warrant Officer holding the feeder MOS to facilitate the required interview.
For National Guard Component, contact the state WO Strength Manager or Ordnance ARNG Proponent Warrant Officer to assist with contacting a Senior Warrant Officer holding the feeder MOS for the letter of endorsement.
Address all warrant officer application questions and inquiries to a Regional Warrant Officer Recruiter. Please visit the "How Do I Apply" page for required forms and examples. Contact the proponent POCs below for any questions regarding technical qualifications.
Active Army & Army Reserve
CW3 Daniela Sanchez
If you are a member of the Army Reserves and who wishes to apply for position as a Warrant Officer. For more information on the Army Reserve Warrant Officer Accession program please visit: https://stayarmyreserve.army.mil/wo.htm
Army National Guard
CW4 Wayne S. Sexton
If you are a member of the Army National Guard talk to your State, Territory or the District of Columbia Warrant Officer Strength Manager (WOSM) to see if you meet the qualifications and how to complete a Predetermination Packet. For more information on the Army National Guard Warrant Officer Accession program please visit: https://www.nationalguard.com/contact/wosm
Last Updated: 09 January 2023