Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
352S - Signals Collection Technician
Performs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advisor to the Commander in regards to Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) collection, analysis. Manages personnel and equipment to collect, process, locate, identify, analyze and report on SIGINT information to support tactical, operational, and strategic requirements across all domains. Manages training for subordinates and peers on technical, operational, and tactical SIGINT skills required to perform the mission. Coordinates staff actions to fulfill all requirements in support of SIGINT mission activities and the Commander’s intent.
Must be a SGT (E-5) or above. (NO WAIVERS)
Applicants must be eligible to gain system and/or facility access controlled by the NSA.
Must have successfully completed ALC Phase 1 or SSD-2/DLC II.
Must have a minimum of three years operational experience in MOS 35S in at least two operational positions.
Must submit a minimum of two (2) NCOERs reflecting technical, tactical competence and exceptional duty performance ratings as a 35S demonstrating direction, application, and or management of SIGINT assets and/or personnel conducting SIGINT Exploitation duties, demonstrated by rater and senior rater comments. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting performance:
- MOS competency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOER
- Supervisory capacity (leadership) in MOS by position or assignments
- Bullets must identify that the NCO was responsible for executing MOS functions
- Ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment
Senior Rater's bullet comments reflecting potential:
- Exceptional promotion potential
- Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
Had a CI Scope Polygraph within 7 years of submission of WO Packet. Applicants whose CI Scope Polygraph is within 6 months of expiration are required to obtain a new CI Scope Polygraph prior to submission of a Warrant Officer packet.
Enclose a written Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a 352S (CW2-CW5). Senior Warrant Officer Letter must include a line indicating applicant is aware of current NSA/CSS Military Affairs Division (MAD) security guidelines. If no 352S is available, please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance. (NO WAIVERS)
Address all warrant officer application questions and inquiries to a Regional Warrant Officer Recruiter. Please visit the "How Do I Apply" page for required forms and examples. Contact the proponent POCs below for any questions regarding technical qualifications.
CW5 Richard “Brandon” Lawrence
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181
Last Update: 10 August 2023