Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
352S - Signals Collection Technician
(Duties) Performs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advisor to the Commander in regards to Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) collection, analysis. Manages personnel and equipment to collect, process, locate, identify, analyze and report on SIGINT information to support tactical, operational, and strategic requirements across all domains. Manages training for subordinates and peers on technical, operational, and tactical SIGINT skills required to perform the mission. Coordinates staff actions to fulfill all requirements in support of SIGINT mission activities and the Commander’s intent.
- Must be a SGT (E-5). (NO WAIVERS)
- Recommended to have successfully completed one of the following prerequisite programs or courses:
- Military Cryptologic Signals Analysis Program (MCSAP)
- A-231-0451(Intermediate Communications Signals Analysis Course)
- SIGE3810 (Intermediate Technical Electronic Intelligence Analysis Course)
- Must have successfully completed ALC Phase 1 or SSD-2.
- Must have a minimum of four years operational experience in MOS 35S in at least two assignments.
- Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs reflecting technical, tactical competence and exceptional duty performance ratings, demonstrated by rater and senior rater comments, representative of 35S operational duty in a M7 or K2 billet with leadership involving the direction, application, and or management of SIGINT assets and/or personnel conducting SIGINT Exploitation duties. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting performance:
◾MOS competency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOER
◾Supervisory capacity (leadership) in MOS by position or assignments
◾Bullets must identify that the NCO was responsible for executing MOS functions
◾Ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment
Senior Rater's bullet comments reflecting potential:
◾Exceptional promotion potential
◾Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
- Had a CI Scope Polygraph within 7 years of submission of WO Packet.
- Enclose a written Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a senior 352S (CW3-CW5). If no senior 352S or MI WO is available please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance. (NO WAIVERS)
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to USAREC Warrant Officer Recruiting Special Branch. Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites or qualifications.
CW5 Aaron H. Anderson
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181
Last Update: 6 June 2019