Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
351Z - Attaché Intelligence Operations Technician
Leads joint operations and administrative support teams in Defense Attaché Offices (DAO) at diplomatic missions worldwide. Serves as principal advisor to the Senior Defense Official/Defense Attaché (SDO/DATT) and ensures operations are conducted in accordance with requisite policies. Represents the Department of Defense (DOD) as a diplomat and conducts liaison with host nation and third country officials per diplomatic protocols. Conducts inter-agency coordination with embassy partners to further DOD efforts and advance US foreign-policy. Synchronizes the DAO operations, performs management in support of strategic reporting and ensures compliance with relevant regulations and policies. Facilitates DOD activities in foreign countries by providing operational, administrative, and logistical support to personnel caring out DOD initiatives. Serves as a key contributor to the embassy country team and advocates for DOD equities. Advises DOD personnel on embassy operations and inter-agency processes. Plans and manages DAO administration, policy compliance, finance, personnel, reporting, security and logistics.
· Must be a SGT (E-5) or above, currently serving or recently served as an Defense Attaché Office OPSNCO in the last two years
· Any enlisted MOS with an SQI 7 (Attaché)
· Have a minimum of three years OPSNCO experience in at least two assignments in the Defense Attaché Service
· Must have successfully completed ALC Phase 1 or SSD-2
· Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs reflecting technical, tactical competence and exceptional duty performance ratings as an SQI 7 qualified NCO. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
· Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a SSBI and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
· Enclose a written Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a senior 351Z (CW3-CW5). If no senior 351Z or MI WO is available please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance.
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to USAREC Warrant Officer Recruiting Special Branch. Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites and qualifications.
CW4 (P) Aaron H. Anderson
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181
CW4 Peter J. Davis
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181 Last Update: 1 August 2018