Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
351M - Human Intelligence Collection Technician
(Duties) Directs Military Source Operations (MSO), interrogations, screenings, and overt debriefings in English and foreign language; integrates cultural intelligence; integrates analysis into HUMINT operations; principal advisor to the Command and staff on HUMINT operations, training, policies, and procedures; manages HUMINT support to the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP); employs external capabilities, and integrates automation ISO HUMINT operations; conducts all HUMINT operations IAW applicable laws, policies, and treaties.
- Must be a SGT (E-5) or above, trained and serving as a 35M. (NO WAIVERS)
- Must have successfully completed ALC Phase 1 or SSD-2.
- 35M Applicants for MOS 351M must be Military Source Operations (MSO) Category 2 (or Cat 1) qualified at the time of packet submission.
- Fully qualified USMC 0211 may be considered for 351M in Compo 2 or 3 (ARNG or USAR) only.
- Have a minimum of four years 35M experience in at least two assignments.
- Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs reflecting technical, tactical competence and exceptional duty performance ratings as a 35M demonstrated by rater and senior rater comments. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting performance:
◾MOS competency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOER
◾Supervisory capacity (leadership) in MOS by position or assignments
◾Bullets must identify that the NCO was responsible for executing MOS functions
◾Ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment
Senior Rater's bullet comments reflecting potential:
◾Exceptional promotion potential
◾Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a SSBI and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
- Enclose a written Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a senior 351M (CW3-CW5). If no senior 351M is available please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance. (NO WAIVERS)
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to a Warrant Officer Recruiter. Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites qualifications.
CW4 Tara K. Andes
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181
Last Update: 22 April 2020