Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
351M - Human Intelligence Collection Technician
Directs Military Source Operations (MSO), interrogations, screenings, and overt debriefings in English and foreign language, integrating cultural intelligence; integrates analysis into HUMINT operations; principal advisor to the Commander and staff on HUMINT operations, training, policies, and procedures; manages HUMINT support to the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP); employs external capabilities, and integrates automation ISO HUMINT operations; conducts all HUMINT operations IAW applicable laws, policies, and treaties
- Must be a SGT (E-5) or above, trained and serving as a 35M.
- Must have successfully completed Advance Leadership Course (ALC) Phase 1 or SSD-2.
- 35M Applicants for MOS 351M must be Military Source Operations (MSO) Category 2 (or Cat 1) qualified at the time of packet submission.
- Fully qualified USMC 0211 may be considered for 351M in Comp 2 or 3 (ARNG or USAR) only.
- Have a minimum of four years 35M experience in at least two assignments.
- Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs reflecting technical, tactical competence and exceptional duty performance ratings as a 35M. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a SSBI and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to USAREC Warrant Officer Recruiting Special Branch.
Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites and qualifications.
CW4 Peter Davis
MI Warrant Officer Proponent