Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
351L - Counterintelligence Technician
(Duties) Directs CI Operations and Investigations as the principal advisor to the Command and staff on CI and other intelligence Operations, training, policies and procedures; manages CI support to the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP); employs internal and external capabilities and integrates analysis and automation ISO CI Operations; conducts all CI activities IAW applicable laws and policies. Serves as a Senior CI Technician responsible for areas of operation within tactical and operational environments worldwide. Performs duties in support of the Threat Awareness and Reporting Program (TARP) and unit Covering Agent Program (CAP) to provide CI Assistance, knowledge, and reporting procedures. Performs evidence custodian duties; directs the CI application process and conducts CI mission management.
- Must be a SGT (E-5) or above. (NO WAIVERS)
- Have successfully completed the CI Special Agent Course (CISAC) and be eligible to carry CI credentials.
- Must be CI Probationary Program (CIPP) Complete
- Must have successfully completed ALC Phase 1 or SSD-2.
- Have a minimum of four years 35L experience as a working Counterintelligence Agent in at least two assignments.
- Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs reflecting technical, tactical competence and exceptional duty performance ratings as a 35L demonstrated by rater and senior rater comments. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting performance:
◾MOS competency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOER
◾Supervisory capacity (leadership) in MOS by position or assignments
◾Bullets must identify that the NCO was responsible for executing MOS functions
◾Ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment
Senior Rater's bullet comments reflecting potential:
◾Exceptional promotion potential
◾Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
- Enclose a Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a senior 351L (CW3-CW5). If no senior 351L or MI WO is available please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance. (NO WAIVERS)
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to USAREC Warrant Officer Recruiting Special Branch. Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites qualifications.
CW5 Aaron H. Anderson
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181
Last Update: 6 June 2019